Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's Going to Be Great in 2008!

It's been a WHOLE semester since the last time I blogged on here! With every new year comes New Year's Resolutions...and of course I have my own personal weight loss goals!

My 2008 Goals-

1. Weigh between 130 - 140 lbs. This depends on where my body is comfortable. I have never weighed less than 138 in my life. So I think this is a healthy goal for now. This I think will take me from a size 10 to a size 6. We will see!

2. I want to get to where I run 15-20 miles a week. I have a running partner, Stephanie, and we are going to work on it together!

3. I want to be Soda Free in 2008. It is day 4 and so far so good. This is a huge stretch for me because I really like soda. But I think it's time for it to go. Moment of Silence friends.

My Motivation-

My family started another weight-loss competition "The Biggest Family Loser". It starts January 7 and ends May 7th. Right now, the pot is at $800 and might get as high as $1,000 dollars!! OH yeah baby! This time the competition is based on who loses the most percentage of body fat rather than a specific number of pounds.

I will be posting my first wiegh in on January 7th! Yes...I will be humbling myself and posting my weight! Keep it in mind!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That's so cool about your family doing the Biggest Loser! You can do it, Alicia! Just keep the $1000 in mind...and of course great health too. :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That's so fun that your family is doing it together - awesome :)
I went 8 years without drinking anything carbonated and it was great! It saves a lot of money too :) haha! We actually did a Miss. fundraiser at our BCM in college and asked people to not drink any sodas for a month and then donate that money for miss. - we raised a ton of money... That would be a fun reward - you could put 50 cents or something in a jar every time you would have normally bought a coke or something and see how much money you have after 6months or something :) Cool :)

Janelle and Ella said...

I can't believe I never knew about this blog. It's kind of reminding me of Bridget Jones' Diary. :-) I think you always look amazing!

RobinDayle said...

I went soda free in 2007...and it definately helped my weightloss along. And all I ever drank was diet, but it still helped.
Do it! :-)