Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Skinny Minnie Competition Update

As many of you know, I put together the Skinny Minnie Competition among 6 co-workers. We each put in $50 making the jack pot $300. The competition started April 1st and ends July 1st (which is in 5 days). The jack pot goes to anyone who meets their weight loss goal. So it is split by those who achieve it.

My personal goal- 14 lbs
Weight loss as of today- 11.6

Missed my goal by 2. 4 lbs (there is still 5 days)

Honestly... I am pretty bummed about missing my goal by just 2.4 lbs! Damn. I am trying to have a good attitude about it. It was a lot of hard work to miss it by 2. 4 lbs. I have been pretty bummed but I am trying to remember that even though I didn't win the cash, I still get the prize of being almost 12 lbs lighter!! Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

I will be leaving for Thailand and Bali tomorrow (slight chance today). I will not be updating and I will be enjoying beef, Starbucks, good quality American food, cheesecake and 7eleven slurpies. So i plan to have some weight gain, but I plan to continue losing after I get back. So keep checking back to this website!!

I know that my friend April has achieved her goal and lost over 17lbs!!! I am so proud of her. You have worked hard and I am glad you were able to meet your goal!!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Are you going to try for the last 5 days or are you throwing in the towel for now?

Emily said...

There's a good work out room here. Not that that's what you want to think about while you're here in Thailand. :) I think losing 12 pounds is a GREAT prize.

Amber said...

Way to go! I didn't realize you had a few more days (not anymore)...but at the time you wrote the post.

You did/are doing an awesome job. Keep it up!

Craig & Cindy said...

You are a winner!! You might have lost only 12 lbs at the time of the post but you have lost 20 lbs total. That is no little task. But who knows...maybe on the 1st you did meet your goal.

LinZ said...

Alicia, I'm just trying to catch up on your ongoings... 12/20 pounds loss is like totally HOT! I hope I get to see that sexy smile of yours in person someday soon.